My Bargains

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dont be mad if I dont have change

I am a New York Cab Driver and NOT A BANK TELLER.
I took first girl at 87 and park ave and she wanted to pick up her friend at 34th and park ave and then down to chambers street. once after reaching their destination they paid me 25 bucks and afterwards wanted me to break a 20 dollar bill into two 10s. it was a busy weekend and I was very low on change and all singles and 2 fives I explained and she thought I was lying. "oh now you dont have the change." was her reply.
so just to clarify I am a taxi driver not a bank teller so I may not be able to provide you change at times and plus if you think we have change and a lot of change all the times then its not the case. most of the time a taxi driver starts his shift with a change of somewhere between 30 to 50 bucks, and to even educate my friend taxi driver a little further if you dont have correct change by law you are required to stop the meter print the receipt and then drive with the passenger to the nearest point where change could be avail.

3 comments:

Gusgamashuq Abunoori said...

I have been reading your entries since I discovered your blog a few days ago. You make excellent points. Keep up the good work. I added your link to my blog list on my blog. Thank you for adding mine to yours.

Gusgamashuq Abunoori said...

By the way, I changed the background and text colors around so my blog is easier to read. Do you approve of the improvements? Let me know. Thank you for the feedback.

NYC said...

hi and thanks :)

Translate In Your Language

Search This Blog

My Google Buzz