My Bargains

Monday, May 3, 2010

Brighton Beach, 25 Bucks?

I took this old woman from JFK. she wanted to go to Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. She requested to sit in front with me. on our way we talked a little. there is some construction going on on Belt Parkway so she was kinda upset that we were stuck in traffic. once meter had hit 27 she said she has only $30 or else I will have to take her to bank.
after a while we were out of traffic but still had good 5 miles ahead as soon as I took the exit for ocean parkway meter was reading $40.50 + $1.50 she said can you please turn off the meter here so I dont have to go to bank. it was a bit depressing but I didnt want her to trouble. so I turned off the meter. Now against her statement she managed to produce $42.
she said "cab company only charge me $25 I dont know why yellow cab is so high."
now would you believe that? I used to live on ocean parkway and ave x. I got a cab for family on january 6th 2010 and they charged me $60. I will write another very interesting story about me vs a passenger in TLC Court. so this one will make a lot more sense.

2 comments:

Gusgamashuq Abunoori said...

cheapskate elder russian lady?

NYC said...

yeah she was an old russian lady. came from a vacation at dominican & that was both making sense how she had not much of money left and was upsetting that she had vacation but not enough for taxi

Translate In Your Language

Search This Blog

My Google Buzz